Sunday, October 30, 2011

Placemats In Progress

I am making these for a girlfriend's 30th, that has honestly just passed.  With all the quilting required they took longer than I thought they would, but I was still able to give her a flirty little felt pencil holder and an embroidery hoop wall hanging of button flowers (no pics of those unfortunately) that I had also made.  I think I went a little overboard with this project thinking it wouldn't take a lot of time, and now I am in love with the placemats, so they may be hard to part with...




I have the backing and edge trim left to attach, and then they are finished (finally).  Next up for gifts is a slouch bag (from the Fall STITCH magazine) for my sister that I am a little nervous to start because it has quite a few steps involved.

And for me, I will hopefully start working on some curtains next week.  Two sets for the front room and dining area in our house, a ruffle shower curtain using this tutorial from Sweetie Pie Bakery, and a curtain for my sewing room to block out the blinding sun in the morning (no complaints though for sunny days!!).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment