Monday, October 17, 2011

Where Did The Summer Go?

I see it has been a long time since my initial post and I had the intention this summer of having a lot added by this time...  But the summer sometimes takes you away from things like a computer, and places you on a dock with family and friends, and some cold beers!  There were some stresses as well but Fall has brought an opportunity to start new routines and focus on reaching my sewing and career goals.  After moving into our new place this summer, I now have a home that is completely unpacked and furnished, but waiting patiently for some curtains for a couple rooms, and an Anthro-inspired ruffle shower curtain!  I will post as soon as they are done!

I did finish a few items this summer, including the Lonsdale dress (pics to follow:))!


I made this shirt from Simplicity 2361.  It ended up being a bit tight (I cut a size 10 knowing that I am more of a 12 right now, but have a Simplicity dress I made a couple years ago in a size 10 that ended up being a bit roomy - Silly move for me!) - It's supposed to be a tunic!  I found that the side seams angled in quite a bit at the bottom, but I was also working with slippery fabric so the tapering could most likely be my fault too in the cutting!  Things to learn for next time...

For one of my closest girlfriends birthday in August, I made a celebration banner, chamomile eye pillow, and crane mobile.



I didn't have a good picture of the full crane mobile, but there were 7 cranes in total, each a different colour.


I used the lavender eye pillow pattern from Amy Butler, but after buying the lavender, and having it next to me while stitching the pillow case together, I got a little nauseous and decided to pack the stuff away and use chamomile instead.

I made her birthday card too!

  
More to come from here, and much much sooner I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment