Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I see a new dress in my near future

I am currently working on this cute dress for an intermediate class I am taking in Toronto:

NEWLOOK 6070


I love the sleeves and pleating on the front of this dress!  The man and I are on a tight budget saving everything we can for a down payment on a house, but a date night will definitely be in order once I finish this!!  And seriously how can I not be madly in love with this fabric - I have always been more of a jeans and t-shirt girl, so I don't have anything like this in my closet (other than my Lonsdale dress, which I still haven't had a chance to wear out)!  This year I intend to do some serious garment sewing, and begin to move away from my t-shirt drawer and into more classy and stylish clothing.

Kwik Sew 3913
I am also working on this tunic.  I am not too big on the pattern, but I thought it was perfect for this fabric and hopefully it will look great with some leggings and boots, or maybe dressed down a little over some jeans.  The fabric has this lacey look to it which is gorgeous, and again, completely out of my traditionally "casual" element!


No comments:

Post a Comment